Monday, February 23, 2015

Amazon.com Reader Makes My Day

Pardon me while I make a quick trip up on the roof to shout out some good news.

Okay, I'm back.  Good reader reviews always make any author's day, and I just got a really good one for A Journal of the Crazy Year.  A reader named Lisa Romo just posted the following on Amazon.com:

"This book caught me right from the beginning and I couldn't put it down. Highly recommend it and have done so to many of my friends who loved it as well."

She gives the novel 5 stars.


This comes on the heels of some great professional reviews.  Publishers Weekly called "a fascinating  read all the way to its chilly, barely hopeful conclusion."  Kirkus Reviews actually invoked one of my favorite authors, writing, "Carr employs jet-black humor reminiscent of Vonnegut... A great case made for the idea that the end isn’t nigh—it’s already here."

Thank you, Lisa! This is the kind of praise for which an author hungers--and to hear that you are spreading the word with your friends is more than I could ask for.

Quick synopsis of the novel:  John Cruz awakes in a mental hospital to find that while he's just gone sane, the rest of the world is going mad. Now he must save his wife, the love of his life.  Based on a real-life pandemic that has struck twice before, and could strike again.

Find out more, see other professional and reader reviews, download a free sample chapter and see purchase links on my author's website at this link.


###






©2015 by Forrest Carr.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment