Thursday, July 17, 2014

Radio Skit: "The Cable Company Phone Call"

There's nothing like having a bit of fun at someone else's expense.

You may have heard that cable company phone call that went viral this week.  I played it on my PowerTalk 1210 radio show on Thursday--as did, I'm guessing, every radio talk show host in America.  In the call, we hear a cable company customer patiently trying to disconnect his service, while a cable company representative digs in his heels and does his absolute best to keep that from happening.

Below in this little radio play (it's after the jump--click the "continue reading" button), is the rest of the story that you haven't heard.  Or maybe not.  But who's to say it couldn't have happened this way?  


I plan to do about two skits a day on the show.  Most will be short and I'll keep them in rotation until everyone is sick of them.  :-)  Because this one has a relatively short shelf life (being topical) I'm posting it right away.  But this gives you a sample of the flavor of fun we'll have on my radio program, when news permits.



My show can be heard from 10:00 AM to noon (Mountain Standard Time, which this time of year corresponds to Pacific Daylight Time) on Tucson's PowerTalk 1210.  It streams at this link.

Also keep an eye on my new Video & Audio page, where I'll post items from time to time--some serious, and some not.   As our station promos say, You Never Know What You'll Hear On PowerTalk 1210.

###



©2014 by Forrest Carr.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment