Saturday, August 30, 2014

The Bashful Bloviator radio show is changing times!

Starting Monday, September 1, "The Forrest Carr" show - a.k.a "The Bashful Bloviator" is changing to a different time slot.  My show can be heard from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM Tucson time Monday through Friday on Tucson's PowerTalk 1210 AM.

This slot is known as "afternoon drive" in the radio biz, and that's a big deal in this industry.  It's a great opportunity for me, and I'm pleased and proud at the confidence my boss is showing in what I've been doing so far and at how listeners have been reacting to it.


The move furthers the vision station manager Jim Parisi has for PowerTalk 1210 -- specifically, news and analysis without a partisan filter, where we try to live up to our slogan of giving you "The Power to Think for Yourself."  Jim--who holds down "morning drive"--has a background similar to mine.  He's spent many years in the TV news business including time behind a news director's desk. I follow John C. Scott, who is a radio talk icon in Tucson and regularly interviews our area's most important politicians and community leaders.

Going forward in my new time slot, you can expect me to bring my years of TV news experience to the table as I provide news, commentary and analysis.  I spent a long time in the news business not being able to give my opinions.   Now I have plenty of those, but on the average my politics are "middle of the road" with a slight lean to the right. I am not affiliated or registered with any party, and all viewpoints are welcome. 

In addition to arguing news and politics, we'll have some fun.  As people who've sat in TV news editorial meetings with me can attest, I have an off-the-wall sense of humor with a folksy flavor--the latter is thanks to my upbringing in Tennessee and Mississippi.  Trying to mix humor and satire with serious news analysis isn't something that you really see a lot of in this business; usually it's all the former or all the latter.  But the idea of this program is not only to make you think, but also make you laugh--sometimes simultaneously!

I've just revamped my author page on Facebook and will be using it as a platform to interact with listeners live during the show.  This is the place to post your comments about what you hear on the program (please play nice) and also to send me messages.  I'll be monitoring during the show, so if you're one of those folks who likes to communicate by text but are a bit shy about going on the air live by phone, this is the page for you.  The name of it is "books by Forrest Carr" and here's the address:
http://www.facebook.com/forrestcarrauthor

Please give the page a like, then have it open (if you're not driving!) as you listen to the show.  (If you send me a message or comment but would prefer not to have me mention your name on the air, that is not a problem, but be sure to say so!)

The number to call to get your comments on the air is 520-750-7456.
I look forward to hearing from you starting Monday!

FC

PS.  For those of you living outside Arizona, our time zone can be a bit confusing.  Arizona is always on "Mountain Standard Time."  This time of year that corresponds to Pacific Time. 

The show streams here:  www.powertalk1210.com.

Listening times by zone are:
5:00 PM to 7:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time (and Mountain Standard Time)
6:00 PM to 8:00 PM Mountain Daylight Time
7:00 PM to 9:00 PM Central Daylight Time
8:00 PM to 10:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time

No comments:

Post a Comment